The other night William woke up in the middle of the night and called out for me because he had to go potty. When I was in his room, he said to me, "Mommy you are the best rocker" (meaning rocking chair not rock star.) He also told me I was the "best cooker."
The next morning he said to me, "You are Katie?" I said, "yes." William looked at me and said, "You are MY Katie?" I guess I am his Katie.
On Sunday we went to meet Aaron after he golfed with some friends of ours. One couple just had a baby six weeks ago, and this was going to be William's first experience with a newborn. I was prepping him on how to act around a little baby. I told him things like, you can touch the baby's feet but nothing else, the baby may cry, and you need to be very nice to the baby. When we arrived at the golf course, William in all of his seriousness said to Aaron, "Daddy, don't touch the baby's nipples." WHAT? I have NO idea where that came from.
When I picked William up from the sitter's house today, I met the newest member of the babysitting clan, little 9 week old Rosalyn. Miss Angie needed to wash out a bottle, so I offered to hold Rosalyn while she did that. William gave me one look and said, "mommy that is not your baby." I said, "I know, I am just holding her for a minute so Miss Angie can wash out a bottle." He insisted, "Mommy, that is NOT your baby." Rosalyn drifted off to sleep and William was trying to show her toys and insisting on me waking her up. I am glad he is going to get this exposure before he has a sibling of his own.
No comments:
Post a Comment