William has had a cold for the past 5 days or so, and it has caused an exacerbation of his asthma. This being said, it has also caused a mild case of sleep deprivation in his mother. I have shared the cold with William and on top of that have been up with him every night for the past 5 nights due to his coughing fits. He is now on an oral steroid which can cause sleep disturbance and hyper activity....we have seen both.
Last night he woke up crying for me at about 11pm. He rarely cries out in the night anymore, so I went in to check on him. He would not lay down and was completely out of sorts. I asked Aaron to bring a blanket and pillow in, so that I could lay on the floor with him. It was not working, so I went back to rocking him upright so his sinuses could drain. At about 12:30am he asked to get down. He then laid himself down on the pillow and went to sleep...what???? Is he ready for a big boy bed?
I knew I wouldn't sleep with him laying on the floor, so at about 1am I went and put him in his crib. I am saying my prayers that tonight is better.
No comments:
Post a Comment