Monday, February 9, 2009

It's Begun

I am not sure I wanted this moment to come, but it was awfully cute when it started. This morning when William woke up, I took him out of his crib and he pointed to the crib tent and said, "What's this mommy?" He then proceeded to point to just about everything else: dresser, hangers, monitor, rocking chair, end table, etc. The funny thing, he knows what most of these things are by name already. This questioning continued for the rest of the day. He asked about everything in every book he owns. I thought this Q&A didn't start until age 3.

He is also starting to get really sneaky at bedtime. Tonight he told me he needed to go potty three times. He then said he wanted to eat broccoli...see a previous post that discusses his love for broccoli. Then the strangest behavior began. He started grunting and doing this almost body wave sort move and told me he was a hippo. I will have to get this on video. I put him in his bed and he then began making the baby penguin dance until he finally fell asleep.

No comments: