William had a difficult time falling asleep last night and tonight. It was taking him over an hour, and he has to be up for the sitter's in the morning. I went into his room, which I normally try to avoid, but I really wanted him to get some sleep. The following are the conversations we had when I went into his room.
Last night:
Me: William it is bed time, please lay down.
William: Out the door mommy. Then proceeds to sing his version of Take Me Out to the Ballgame. (Usually involves the words, baseball, out, bat, one, two, three, etc.)
Me: Do you want to rock for a bit?
William: Good morning, good morning, good morning, good morning (in a progressively funnier voice.)
Me: Laugh out loud because I can't help it (yes, I know, never a good idea)
Me: It's night time, close your eyes.
He is asleep quickly.
Tonight:
Me: William please lay down.
William: “Out the door, see daddy. Polar bear and Poppy (my sister's old Popple) see daddy too. William drive car, polar bear and friends.” (I kid you not; this continuous chatter went on for two minutes)
Me: Do you want to rock for a bit?
William: Polar bear muddy, mommy. Get polar bear clean.
Me: The polar bear is clean, I promise.
William: Okay, kiss polar bear.
Me: I kiss the polar bear and pick him up carrying him to the rocking chair.
William: New diaper, Mommy.
Me: You need a new diaper.
William: No, polar bear needs new diaper.
Me: Polar bears don’t wear diapers. Please close your eyes. Night, night.
He is asleep quickly.
I am assuming I can blame his second molars for this behavior. We went to his dentist this morning, and he said that all four were coming in, and the rest of his teeth look great. It is nights like this when I wish I could record his funny chatter for you all to hear. However, the presence of a camera would get him really riled up.
I'm gonna need a flatbed for the teen years!
12 years ago
1 comment:
too too sweet.
Post a Comment